Teachers of Tomorrow Pipeline Program Application
The College of Education and Human Development welcomes high school students interested in a career in teaching to apply to our Teachers of Tomorrow Program. This program will begin with a Summer Institute on the Newark Campus for two weeks in June.
This program is intended to increase the number of Delaware students from underrepresented backgrounds (see eligibility below) in UD’s teacher education programs.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 12, 2023 11:59 EST
This program is open to rising 11th and 12th grade students who:
- are Delaware residents
- are interested in becoming teachers
- are able to attend the full two weeks of the Summer Institute
- identify with one of more of the following groups: underrepresented minority group, low-income, males interested in early childhood and/or elementary education
NOTE: A student may identify with more than one of these groups. While the program is focused on students in these groups, we will consider applications from any interested and qualified student.
To apply for this program you will need the following information:
- An unofficial high school transcript to upload (from 9th grade to present)
- The name and email address from a recommender
- A personal statement
- A list of your activities or resume
The personal statement should be 1-2 pages (at least 3 paragraphs) in length and answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in a career in teaching?
- Why do you want to be part of this program?
- How do you identify with the eligibility criteria for this program?
The application will take approximately 10-15 minutes to complete if you have your transcript and personal statement available to submit.
Upon review of all completed applications, we will be inviting select candidates for an online interview in April.