Teachers of Tomorrow Pipeline Program
This program is open to rising 11th and 12th grade students who:
- are Delaware residents
- are interested in becoming teachers
- are able to attend the full two weeks of the Summer Institute
- identify with one of more of the following groups: underrepresented minority group, low-income, males interested in early childhood and/or elementary education
NOTE: A student may identify with more than one of these groups. While the program is focused on students in these groups, we will consider applications from any interested and qualified student.
To apply for this program you will need the following information:
- Completed online application
- An unofficial high school transcript to upload (from 9th grade to present)
- The name and email address from a recommender
- A personal statement
- A list of your activities or resume
The personal statement should answer the following questions:
- Why are you interested in a career in teaching?
- Why do you want to be part of this program?
- How do you identify with the eligibility criteria for this program? (see above for eligibility criteria)
Our goal is to attract a more diverse population of students to the field of education.
2023 Program Timeline
January 12 – Release Application
March 12 – Application Deadline
Mid-April – Student Interviews* (by Invitation only)
April 28 – Application Decisions are Sent via Email
May 12 – Deadline to Accept Program Invitation
June 18 – Summer Institute Begins
June 30 – Summer Institute Ends
*NOTE: Upon review of all completed applications, we will invite select candidates for an online interview in early- to mid-April.